If you want to be a genius player then this article is only for you. I am clarifying some basic ping pong rules for dummies. By keeping these guidelines, you can become an excellent player.
To be successful in any game it is very important to have command of the rules of that game. Without following the principles, you cannot become a splendid player.
First of all, I disclose to you that ping pong resembles tennis but it’s altogether different in equipment.
The rackets and balls used are very small as compare to simple tennis.
We use a small-sized bat and a light-weighted ball in ping pong. The ball is made up of plastic and the racket is made up of wood with elastic rubber on both sides. It does not have strings like that of tennis. Rubber plays a vital role in spinning the ball.
Ping Pong Service Rules:
- The server tosses the ball first and bounces it on the table of his side. It then surely passes over the net and bounces on another half side of the table.
- Now, your competitor throws the ball to the server without bouncing it on his side of the table.
Ensure the ball will clearly ignore the net in any case shot will be considered wrong.
- After winning two points serve will be changed. Now your opponent will be a server. He will shot the ball and surprisingly the two players can change their sides as well.
- Serve will be changed after every point If both players have scored 10,10.
“Let” in Serve:
- “Let” in the “serve” means that the server will replay or reserved the ball. It happens when the server hits the ball on the net.
Conditions for Reserving the Ball:
- If the ball touches the net and, makes a rebound on another side then it will think about the right serve. You might serve the ball once more.
- However, if the ball doesn’t make any ricochet (bounce) on another half side of the table it will be made as an off-base effort and your rival will consequently score one point.
What Are the Basic Ping Pong Rules for Dummies to win The Points?
- If your shot is excessively quick and after making a bounce on the other half side of the table ball goes out, then, at that, it will be a winner shot. Also, you definitely get one point.
- If your competitor tosses the ball on the net, you have scored one point.
- you will achieve one point if the ball makes two bounces on another side of the table.
- The fourth and last point to win point one is the point at which your adversary tosses the ball towards your side and the ball doesn’t arrive at the table and it straightforwardly leaves the table.
- To dominate the match, you need three games and 11 points. If you dominate three games you are an undoubtedly brilliant player.
Here are some important points about scoring:
Allow me to examine very essential factors about ping pong rules for dummies for scoring:
I have revealed to you before that you need three games and eleven points to be a champ. Okay!
Examine these some interesting as well as crucial points.
To win the match there should be a difference of two between the scores of both teams.
- If you have points 11 and your opponent has points 10. You are not a victor You need to have scored with a difference of two. For this situation, you need to win 12 points.
- Regardless of whether you scored 26 and your rival has 25. The difference will be 26-25=1, You are not a winner. To win the game you need to make 27 points. Presently the difference will be 27-25=2. You are the victor in this case.
When does the Game End?
To win the game you need to play “three” games and also require “11” points with a difference of “two” scores between “you” and “your competitor”.
Types of Rackets:
Besides, Ping pong rules for dummies you should keep in your consideration What type of rackets you are in ping pong, Rackets are very important. Four types of rackets are used in ping pong.
Normal, long pimple, short pimple, and anti-spin rackets.
There are some dots on the rackets that are called pimples.
Long pimple rackets having long pimples while short pimple rackets have short pimples.
The difference in using This is friction. Anti-spin causes very low friction and normal rackets create very high spin and the short and long pimples are in between.
Normal rackets will spin the ball very high while anti-spin rackets spin the ball very low.
So, that’s how the game changes completely. So, if you have a normal bat, you have to adjust the spin However for an anti-spin bat that is not a concern for you.
You need to adjust for topspin, backspin, and normal shot. The picture shows the shots hit by different kinds of bats. So, all these things should be taken into your consideration.
Types of Shots:
Two types of shots, you should keep in your mind:
- One is the Topspin shot: when you play the shot with your racket up It’s called a topspin shot. This shot ball goes on faster, higher and farther.
- 2nd is the backspin shot: When you smash the ball with your racket down it becomes a backspin shot. This shot is slower, nearer, and also has “spin”.
How To Adjust for Topspin and Backspin Shots?
- If a ball is moving with topspin, it means it goes out from the table. So, to adjust the topspin shot you will have to shot the ball with your racket down otherwise it will be out of control.
- If you have to face a ball with the backspin. It is slower comparatively. So, throw the ball with the racket up otherwise it may hit the net.
Singles and Doubles Rules:
Singles mean one player on each side of the table. Its rule is very simple just as I described earlier that a server will drop the ball anywhere on the table that it will bounce on his side first and then clearly passes over the net.
But In doubles, it is very different and interesting as well. Doubles mean two players are on each side of the table.
Assume that players “1” and “2” are two players on one side of the table. And “x” and “y” are the two other players.
You are not allowed to throw the ball wherever you want on the table.
- a). Player “1” will drop the ball on his right side of the table then the balls have to hit on the left side of the table towards player “y”.
- b). Player “y” may fall the ball anywhere on the opposite side of the table, but this ball will be played by player “2”.
- c). Now the player “2” rebounds the ball anywhere on the table but player “x” will shot the ball in response to player “2”.
- d). Player “2” will try to hit the ball towards the player “y” to win the one point. Amazing:)
e). Both the players on each side alternate their position to control the ball.
Similarly, the game goes on.