Are you worried about how to fix a ping pong ball? Once the table tennis ball is pressed in, a nice game is out of the question. Ping-Pong balls are hollow. They easily lost their shape when striking some hard surface. Also, Ping pong ball is a very important element of the game.
Anyone who has already had the problem will have tried to get the bumps out somehow by pressing and squeezing them. But you’ll not have succeeded.
There is, however, an unbeatable method for “fix” the balls again:
Here I am going to discuss the very important and easiest methods to repair ping pong balls into their original shape.
4 Easy Methods to Fix a Ping Pong Ball:
Air expansion method:
The air expansion method is the simplest way to remove the depression from the Ping-Pong ball. In this method, we’ll learn different strategies to remove the depression from the ball.
Using Boiled Water:
To inflate the ball, Boiled water plays an important role.
First, take two cups of water.
Second, Transfer the water into the pan and then boil the water.
Third, when bubbles appear in the water, gently put the ball into the boiled water.
Fourth, it will start floating on the surface of the water.
Fifth, undoubtedly, within a few seconds, Ball will inflate.
Sixth, After that, Take out the ball from the boiled water. And put it on the soft surface. You may use soft and smooth surfaces such as tissue paper or a handkerchief.
check out Best Ping Pong Paddles
If the ball does not fix,be relaxed, justpush the ball into the water with the spoon. The ball will fix within 20-25 seconds. After that, take out the ball from the boiled water.
- Always remember that, do not take out the ball with your hands. Since you are using very hot water, Therefore, it may burn your hand. For this reason, use a spoon.
- Never allow the ball to stay in the water for more than 25 seconds, keep in mind that these balls are flammable, which means that these can easily catch fire or melt when in hot water.
- Do not let the ball be dried on a rough surface. Since balls are too soft and can undoubtedly break when strike to a rough or hard surface.
Fix Ping Pong ball with flame:
2nd and simplest method to repair the ping pong ball is “Fix Ping Pong Ball with Flame”.
- Hold the dented ball with heat-resistant pliers.
- Carefully pass the lighter under the ball making circular movements keeping a certain distance so that it does not burn but that heat is applied to it and the ball returns to its normal state.
- Hold the ball off its feet until it cools.
- For drying purposes; use soft cloths like tissue paper or handkerchief otherwise, there are chances that ping pong balls get dented.
Check Now Best Ping Pong Paddle Under 100
In the dryer:
Let us see How to fix a ping pong ball with a laundry dryer. This is our third valuable method.
Steps to inflate the ping pong ball:
- Put the ball in a clothes dryer for about 30 seconds (depending on the quality of the ball it may take up to 5 minutes).
- Let the ball cool so that it hardens.
With a hairdryer:
The fourth and last method to fix the ping pong ball is by using a hairdryer.
Let us look at the following steps:
- Hold the ball with heat-resistant tweezers.
- Turn the blow dryer on high and aim at the ball vertically from below, allowing a few seconds to recover from time to time until it returns to its original shape.
- For hardens, the ball uses the same method given in Method no 1, step no 6.
These are some of the easiest and fastest methods to recover a dented ball, and they all have the same explanation.